Spicy tuna sushi
Taken by Swirl
About spicy tuna
Spicy tuna is a common name for different rolls of sushi with two things in common: the use of tuna, and a spicy sauce. The tuna this roll is diced into small pieces, so the size of the initial block doesn't matter. For that reason, some places use the cuts of the tuna that aren't big or nice enough to use in other dishes.
Making the roll
- Chop the scallions into small rings, chop the tuna into small dice and mix it together in a bowl.
- Add the mayonnaise and the Sriracha sauce, and mix. This is the roll filling.
- Take half a nori sheet, cover with rice and flip it so that the rice is facing the bamboo mat.
- With a spoon, make a line of the spicy tuna filling along the edge of the nori closer to you.
- Roll it inside-out and cut into 6-8 pieces. For more information on rolling check this guide - how to make an inside out roll.