Black Cabbage Sushi (by olivia lindsey)
- 2 cups sushi rice.
- 2-3 nori sheets
- 3 small "nam meo trang" dried black fungus
- fish sauce
- chinese cabbage
Making the roll
The following recipe is suitable for both classic type rolls and Inside Out rolls.
- Boil the dried fungus in a small pot.
- Prepare nori like you would for maki sushi.
- Spread sushi rice on nori.
- Place a thin slice of carrot on rice.
- Slice soft black funguses into small strips and place about two on rice.
- Sprinkle mushrooms with fish sauce.place thin strips of cabbage on rice.
- Roll like you would maki sushi.
- Serve with some wasabiand a small bowl of soy sauce.